- You've dreamed of living in a country-inspired yet urban setting. You've dreamed of an elegant home in the country. You're nostalgic for the sound of cocks crowing in the morning and the warmth of wood burning fireplaces in the evening. Now you can live your dream at Bahati Ridge: your paradise is within grasp.
- Situated in Thika, a mere 45-minute drive from Nairobi's Central Business District (30 minutes on the soon-to-be completed eight lane super-highway), Bahati Ridge presents an exciting selection of townhouses, villas, bungalows and cottages that feature beautiful hill country views, a tranquil rural ambience and a refreshing escape from city chaos. Discerning homeowners will love this 97 acre integrated gated community and all the benefits of country living.
- Each residence will be a short five-to-ten minute walk from the common centre. The centre is the hub of community life, and features a supermarket, cafes, salons and restaurants providing a convenient meeting place full of diverse options.
- The founders of Bahati Ridge found their ideal version of country life when they purchased 182 acres of land near Thika town, which they named Bahati Farm. Over the years they transformed the property from a coffee farm into a horticultural farm, planting avocado and other sustainable trees.
- Several years ago, the family decided to reduce the time they spent operating and maintaining the farm, while still preserving the land and its pristine natural environment. The family's years of stewardship of the land had resulted in acres of lush green trees and pristine rivers.
- The family sought to preserve the farm’s special appeal and decided to open it up to other families who might want to have a similar experience. The logical choice was to develop a new gated community of carefully planned homes that would enable owners to enjoy the countryside’s fresh air surrounded by acres of farm land, rivers and lush greenery. Thus, the idea of Bahati Ridge was born.
Bahati Ridge Development Ltd
P.O. Box 47739-00100 Nairobi
Tel: +254 20 815 5380 Fax: +254 20 815 5381
Mobile: +254 717 049 644, +254 737 149 644
Email for General Enquiries: email@example.com
Email for Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
SMS: Sms the word 'BAHATIRIDGE' to 3841
Follow @bahatiridge for updates
Visit our Facebook page here
Bahati Ridge News and Events
18th-21st October 2012
Bahati Ridge will be exhibiting at the Kenya Homes Expo from the 18th to the 21st of October 2012. Do come visit with us at Bahati Ridge...your paradise within grasp! more
5th-6th May & 11th-13th MAY 2012
Bahati Ridge will be exhibiting at The WestGate Mall - Westlands from the 5th to 6th and again at The Mother's Day Fair 2012 at Westgate from Friday, 11th to Sunday, 13th of May. Please come and visit with us at Bahati Ridge...your paradise within grasp! more
31st Mar to 1st April & 28th-29th April 2012
Bahati Ridge will be exhibiting at The Tuskys Chania Shopping Mall - Thika from the 31st March to 1st April and if you cannot make it, we shall be at it again from Saturday, 28th to Sunday, 29th of April. Please come and visit with us at Bahati Ridge...your paradise within grasp! more
23rd to 26th FEB 2012
Bahati Ridge will be exhibiting at the Sarit Centre's Property & Home Living Expo 2012 from Thursday, 23rd to Sunday, 26th of February. Please come and visit with us at Bahati Ridge...your paradise within grasp! more
14 DEC 2011
"The Bahati Ridge Gated Community, Thika, is the most recent entrant into the Kenya real estate sector new concept. Guided by the motto ‘Welcome Home….your paradise within grasp’, the project is set on a 90 acres piece of land within Thika town environs and about 43 km from Nairobi..." more
"An almost similar housing project was also unveiled last month situated in Thika. Bahati Ridge, sits on a 95 acre piece of land that will provide homes for more than 300 families. The homes will include cottages, villas, town houses and bungalows coupled with amenities including a hotel..." more
14 DEC 2011
"The Kenya National Highway Authority has confirmed the new 8-lane superhighway from Thika to Nairobi will be completed along its entire length by March, with Thika's first residential development due to open in July to travel times to central Nairobi that will take less time than from Karen." more
11 DEC 2011
"Designed to run in four phases, this is one of the biggest private sector initiatives that fully captures the aspirations of the government’s Vision 2030" more
24 NOV 2011
Bahati Ridge Media Coverage Report for November 2011
23 NOV 2011
15 NOVEMBER 2011
It is vital that building homes remains at the top of Kenyans’ agenda yet we are all under pressure world wide as house prices escalate, the currency remains weak and land and construction material prices reach record highs.
15 NOV 2011
Kenya lags behind in provision of housing for its citizens, former PS for Water Joseph Kibe has said. The chairman of Bahati Ridge in Thika called for a countryside drive to "build in yield" unveiling results that show that the country lags behind in housing. Bahati Ridge has devoted 95 acres to a new gated country community that will provide homes for more than 300 families.
15 NOV 2011
Launching the new development yesterday, Kibe said it was important for developers to continue building to provide housing for the citizens. The government's target for new housing is set out some 150,000 houses a year, but developers are currently building as few as 30,000. “Far from homes and food competing, we’re in the unique position in Kenya of having ample resources for both.
28 SEP 2011
Construction of Bahati Ridge phase I in Gatanga has begun in what is set to be the first gated estate in Thika on completion. The housing project is being put up on a 95-acre parcel hived off a 182-acre farm owned by former P.S. for Water Joseph Kibe’s family. The Kibes listed as Bahati Ridge Ltd directors include Gilbert, Joseph, Monica, Margaret, Victor, Grace and Josephine Kibe.
16 JUNE 2011
The construction of the first gated community in Thika Township is set to commence soon pursuing the signing of an agreement between the developer and the contractor. Dubbed Bahati Ridge, the housing project set on a 95-acre parcel of land is situated along Gatanga road, about 3Km off Thika Road, a 45-minute drive from Nairobi.
15 JUNE 2011
The construction of the first gated community is set to begin following the signing of a contract between the developer and the contractor and site handover last week.
15 JUNE 2011
The construction of the first gated community is set to begin following the signing of a contract between the developer and the contractor and site handover last week. The contractor, Epco Builders Ltd, will begin construction after the ground-breaking ceremony planned for before end of June. Dubbed Bahati Ridge, the development is located along Gatanga road, 3Km off Thika-Nairobi Highway, a 45-minute drive from Nairobi. Amenities here will include a school, medical centre, conference hall and hotel, business office park, shopping mall and a club house. It targets the middle class commuter lifestyle which will be enhanced by the completion of construction of the Nairobi-Thika Superhighway in 2012...